The Department of Mechanical Engineering at V. P. S College of Engineering and Technology, loanavala is to provide students with a sound mechanical engineering education, enhance the understanding and application of mechanical engineering principles for technological development through teaching, research, and outreach programs to improve the quality of life of our citizens. Mechanical Engineering is considered to be the core branch in engineering. The curriculum prepares a student for a wide variety of technical and professional areas having their roots in Mechanical Engineering - areas as diverse as Thermodynamics, Manufacturing processes, Fluid mechanics, Heat transfer, Machine design, CAD/CAM/CAE, Automation, Industrial Engineering, Production Technology and others.
Ever since the establishment of this institution, our primary goal for undergraduate students is to train future leaders with high-quality engineering education. The aim of department of Mechanical Engineering is to provide knowledge and technologies through quality teaching, research and its applications in mechanical and allied disciplines. The faculties who are highly educated are putting extra ordinary efforts towards motivating the students in achieving higher levels in their academics.
Our Laboratories have been very well established not only to cover complete syllabus but to motivate students to learn beyond the syllabus which definitely develops complete knowledge of the subject (both the practical and theoretical depth of knowledge) and develop skill sets of students to become promising engineers in future.. Mechanical engineers develop state-of-the-art technologies and exhilarating solutions for the mankind. We attempt to provide our students with a cheerful, productive and satisfying experience at all levels of their program of studies to explore the amazing world of mechanical engineering. With best wishes for bright future.
Misssion & Vision
1. To imparting highest quality education to the students to build their capacity and enhancing their skills to make them globally competitive mechanical engineers.
2. To maintaining state of the art research facilities to provide collaborative environment that stimulates faculty, staff and students with opportunities to create, analyze, apply and disseminate knowledge.
3. To provide the students with academic environment of excellence, leadership, ethical guidelines and lifelong learning needed for a long productive career.
The Mechanical Engineering Department endeavors to be recognized for its outstanding education and research leading to well qualified engineers, who are innovative, entrepreneurial and successful in fields of mechanical engineering to cater the ever changing industrial demands and social needs.
HOD, ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR
- Ph.D., M.TECH, B.E.
- 4 Years
- DOM., Un conventional machining process, Robotics, mechanics of solids
- M.E. (Heat Power ) , B.E. (Mechanical)
- 15 Years (Teaching) , 5 Years (Industrial)
- Heat Transfer , ATD ,Refrigeration and Air conditioning
- M.E. (Design ) , B.E. (Mechanical)
- 7 Years (Teaching) , 2 Years (Industrial)
- Design of Machine Elements, Industrial Engineering
- M.E. (Design Engineering), B.E. (Mechanical Engineering)
- 9 Years (Teaching: 7 Years, Industry: 2 Years)
- Thermodynamics, Mechanical System Design,Dynamics of Machinery , Applied Thermodynamics
- 12 Years